March 14, 2014

Dreaming of you...



7 long months have past since God called my dad home. I never really got a chance to say good bye to my Father or tell him how much I love him, and what he ment to me. Last night I had a dream of him, and in my dream I knew it was my chance to let him know. 

In my dream, I was in a crowded room full of people, and as I was about to leave, I glanced over to my right and saw my dad sitting. He looked at me and smiled. I wave and smile back, but didn't approach him at first. A few minutes later, something inside me told me to go to my dad. It was such an intense feeling, one that I can't really describe, nor ignore!

I ran to my dad and wrapped my arms around him, holding him tight. I told him every thing that was in my heart, and repeated several times, "Dad, I love you! Please don't leave until I get back!" He held me and never said a word...he just had this peaceful look on his face, smiling back at me. The warmth of his embrace felt so good, and I felt so safe and secure around it.  It was at that very moment, I knew I had to finally let go of him, even though I didn't want to. I gave my dad one last look and kiss and told him once again that I loved him. He smiled again at me, but this time I heard the sound of his deep voice saying, "I know Anna, I love you too!" As I slowly walked away from him, something inside me knew that that was the last time I would see him, hold him, and hear his voice. With each step I took, I kept looking back at him to make sure he was still there...until finally he was gone! 

I woke up at first feeling well rested and thinking "Finally, I was able to get that much needed sleep!" For the past few weeks, I was having such a hard time sleeping, and last night was the first good night sleep I had. It wasn't until the kids and hubby left for school and work, that I remembered my dream...and that's when tears began to fall...tears of happiness that I saw my dad again, and tears if sadness, because I knew it was good-bye for now. 

Dad, I love you and miss you immensely! I can't wait until I can be with you and Joshua again. See you in my dreams for now!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

This Is My Now: Live-Laugh-Love Copyright © 2007 This Is My Now: Live-Laugh-Love by Anna-Lizza