January 14, 2011

Life's Uncertainty




Many times as we travel this road of life, we often face uncertainties, oppositions, and even doubts. Whatever the uncertainty, it usually brings up feelings of being out of control, fear, anxiety, worry, self-doubt, depression, and sometimes can even feel totally overwhelming. It's human nature for us to worry when we are faced with the unknown. What's important is how we respond and cope with these uncertainties. We can get stuck in fear of the uncertainty of life, and continue to waste what precious time we have on focusing our thoughts on the negative things that might happen in our lives, or trust that God will never give us more that we can bear. We often forget that worrying is the opposite of trust.

In 2 Corinthians 9:8, we are reminded that, "...God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." God is able to make all things right, no matter how hopeless a situation may be.

I often remind myself to trust and ask God to guide me, when life's uncertainties comes my way. I remind myself to put my trust in Him no matter what the circumstances, and to remember that courage and strength will come from God. So, as I deal with this uncertainty that has come my way, I know God wants me to approach these uncertainties with strength and courage, not with fear! I know that with Him, I can move ahead with confidence and determination, and that He will provide and will pour out His boundless blessings upon me.

"Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it with the handle of anxiety or the handle of faith." It is so wonderful that we have the Biblical promise that God will provide all of our needs according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus (Phil 4:19).

Remember, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God" (Philippians 4:6). I do not want to lie awake at night, unable to sleep because of my worries and distress, I know God is waiting...I surrender my prayers and petitions, so that He can be God and I can get some sleep!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

This Is My Now: Live-Laugh-Love Copyright © 2007 This Is My Now: Live-Laugh-Love by Anna-Lizza