November 11, 2013

Measurement of a great father


Almost 3 months has passed since I lost my dad...three months of grief, three months of pain, and three months of disbelief. I miss him so much, that there are times when memories of him flood my mind and then out of nowhere, the waterworks of tears begin. 

My heart aches, as I recall every detail of his final hours...it is as if I am re-watching a movie over and over again. Despite already knowing how the movie will end, a part of me wishes the ending would change...but alas, I know this is impossible. I can never go back and tell him how much I love him, how thankful I am for all his love and wisdom, and how lucky I am to have had him as my dad!

They say that...

"A man's worth is measured by how he parents his children. What he gives them, what he keeps away from them, the lessons he teaches and the lessons he allows them to learn on their own.

Thankfully, there is no measurement great enough to measure the worth of my father!"

I love you and miss you dearly Dad!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

This Is My Now: Live-Laugh-Love Copyright © 2007 This Is My Now: Live-Laugh-Love by Anna-Lizza