January 24, 2014

The power of a hug...


Yesterday, after picking up the kids from school, we made an unexpected stop at the grocery store, so I can pick up some ingredients for Jojo's spaghetti that he's been asking me to cook. 


As we were entering the store, and old lady was walking slowly in front of us. I made no attempt to go pass her and just waited patiently for her to walk in the pace she was comfortable in. After a few minutes, she turned around and said, "Thank you for being patient with me. It's hard getting old! It's especially harder now that my husband is not with me anymore. He passed away last month." As she told me her story about how much she missed her husband of 55 years, tears began to roll down her eyes! My instinct told me to give her a hug as a way to console her grieving heart! She thanked me for listening to her and said that "...God must have sent you to give me this hug! Thank you for listening to me!"😢 


Sometimes we forget to slow down in life to even notice if others are hurting. I'm thankful God reminded me to slow down and show my compassion to others in need!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

This Is My Now: Live-Laugh-Love Copyright © 2007 This Is My Now: Live-Laugh-Love by Anna-Lizza