September 29, 2013

Birthday blues...


Dear Dad,

Tonight as I prepare to lay down and go to sleep, thoughts of you are running through my mind…Tomorrow, will be the first birthday I will experience without you here by my side. I am not certain how the day will go without seeing your smiling face, or hearing your voice singing “Happy birthday!"

Had I known that this would be our last year I would have you here with me to celebrate, I would have done all I could have to cherish every moment we had. I would have told you how much I love you, and how blessed I was to have you as my father...But we cannot know what tomorrow will bring.

I know you are finally at peace and living without pain, and with our Lord in heaven, which is a blessing I am truly very grateful for. So when I awake tomorrow, I will do so with the memory of the sound of your voice singing “happy birthday” running though my mind….I will close my eyes to remember your warm embrace and I will know that you are here with me in spirit as I celebrate the day of my birth….

I love you and I miss you dearly Dad!

All my love always,
Anna-Lizza

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

This Is My Now: Live-Laugh-Love Copyright © 2007 This Is My Now: Live-Laugh-Love by Anna-Lizza